Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Get Your Grass On!

How to make REAL easter grass from wheat.
(I know we're breaking up farm week, but I had to throw this in here quick in time for Easter. Plus it goes along with our next theme.)

I'm a follower of Food Storage Made Easy on FB and they posted this the other day. So cute. If you do it now you'll have grass by easter.

1) Soak about 1/2 cup wheat kernels in water overnight.


2)Line your easter basket with plastic wrap and fill with soil. (I just grabbed a plastic Easter container instead of bothering with lining a basket-my kids are still little they don't care that much.)


3)Soak the soil with water.


4)Spoon a thick layer of wheat onto the soil.


5)Either wrap the basket/bowl in plastic or put it in a ziploc bag. Set in a warm place and leave the plastic on until most of the seeds have started to sprout grass. Remove plastic and mist daily if it looks dry.


6)Enjoy a basket of real grass in time for Easter.

No comments: