Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letter f, day 1

Theme: Farm

Sound
f says /f/

Sample Words farm, fence, finger, foot, food, four, fox, find, feather, fruit

Books
Big Red Barn, by Margaret Wise Brown

Sound/Movement
The Farmer in the Dell
Learn the sign for farm
Farm Songs and Fingerplays

Craft
Tractor Painting

You will need:
toy tractors and/or trucks
paper plates
paint
paper

Pour paint onto paper plates (I suggest only 2 colors at a time and one color per vehicle). Show your child how to spin the wheels in the paint then roll it out across the paper to make tracks.



Sensory Bin
dig in the dirt/make tracks in the dirt-put some dirt or sand in the bin and add rakes and shovels and farm vehicles (truck, tractor) and see what patterns they can make.

We added some more things and started digging and...

look what we found! A worm.


Dramatic Play
Farmer dress-up

Activity
Memory-I used this farm clip art to make a memory game. I suggest printing it on cartstock, I didn't and it's too flimsy and my daughter can see through the paper. I'll have to mount it on darker paper.



Handwriting
Practice writing the letter f.

Snack
fresh fruit

No comments: