Thursday, February 4, 2010

Letter a, Field Trip and Wrap-up


If you have a chance to, it's always good to "go" and "do" when it comes to children's learning. Children learn visually and tactically so actually seeing or doing something they are learning about puts it on a whole other level for them.

Almost annually we go to an apple orchard to pick apples and pumpkin and squash. The place we go also has a working cider press that we've got to see in action a couple of times. The experience is amazing and I look forward to it every year.










This year my toddler was old enough to help me make applesauce and home can it. She loved helping out.



(I have to reiterate that ideally this theme is done in the fall-you obviously can't visit a working apple orchard during the winter. But, I didn't get my act together soon enough so that's why we're doing it now.)

No comments: